Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Remember Why You're Here

Woohoo! As I write this, I am crazy sore all over. Darn that Jillian Michaels and her 30 Day Shred DVD! I did the 40 minute workout last night and by minute 25, I was ready to give up. But, that's why I love Jillian. Right when I'm about to lay down and rest, she says, "Don't phone it in! Remember why you're doing this. When it gets tough, remember that." So, I did. And while, I made some modifications (because that woman is crazy), I finished the workout and then ate a healthy dinner (AmyLu chicken burger patty, 1/2 cup of Thai jasmine rice, green beans, and strawberries).
 
And as I was crawling into bed, my whole body aching, I said OUTLOUD the reasons I'm doing this. I started off a little shaky, laying in the dark, talking to myself. But, a few reasons in, my voice got stronger and by the end, I was almost yelling.
 
And, when I woke up, I was ready to face the day, feeling strong and empowered.
 
Which leads to my week two weigh in....
 
I lost 2.4 pounds!
 
Next week, my goal is 3 :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment