Thursday, April 25, 2013

Goals

I enjoy goals. Concrete, attainable goals. Nebulous things like "getting healthy" and "losing weight" are tough for me to relate to and unmotivating.
 
So, I made a goal sheet. I thought about adding in pre-selected dates, but I decided that would just make me sad if I didn't hit one of those. And then, it would throw all the others off, and then I would have to change everything - which makes it more likely that I'll quit. This way, I am motivated to reach the next step, but if I don't lose as much as I hope in one week, I can make it up in the next. And the rewards will keep me motivated to get to the next step!
 
Here's my chart. I tracked a few different variables, Body Weight Lost, Goal Weight Lost, and Pounds Lost. I also find it really useful to track moving from one decade/tens place, etc to another, i.e. into the 170s. If you come up with more fun ideas for rewards, let me know!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment