Friday, June 28, 2013

30 Day Shred: Begin!

Okay, Day 1 of 30 Day Shred was yesterday, 6/27. I've done Jillian's videos now and then, but I've never committed to everyday. She's tough! Plus, I haven't done much activity in the past few weeks. :/ 


The way the video is set up is really easy to follow and all the moves are beginner appropriate. What makes it tough is the speed and the NO RESTING! But as she says in the video, you don't get to rest in a 20 minute workout!

To get started, you just need some hand weights. I use 5 lbs weights until my arms are about to fall off, then I switch to 3 lbs. You can use a yoga mat if you want, but I'm working out on carpet, so I don't bother. 

You start with a 2 minute warm up, then you go into her 3-2-1 interval system
- 3 minutes of strength exercises
- 2 minutes of cardio exercises
- 1 minute of abs
There are 3 rounds of this (at which point you are dying), then a short cool down.

My sister, Larissa, and I are doing this workout together to keep the accountability. Also, we're both going on a cruise in August, so this is necessary! Since the workouts are so short, we've added a 30 minute walk or jog (depending on whether her puppy joins us) after.

For only $7.96 on Amazon (free shipping over $25 or with Prime), it's a steal!

I've recently heard Jillian Michaels say that she thinks her new system, Ripped in 30, is a better, more comprehensive option. I've yet to try it, but I'm going to buy it soon (it's only $9.65 on Amazon) and I'll let you know what I think. I'm expecting that 30 Day Shred will be more of a beginner (but, still tough, amazing) workout, where as Ripped in 30 will be more advanced.


I'll leave you with this Jillian-ism to motivate you! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment